Crafters love to make things to gift but sometimes we need a little deciding what to craft. Here's a few things you came make now and gift during the Christmas season to all your loved ones.
Note: If there are colours or yarns you are looking for that aren't currently available, contact the store and we'll see what we can do about ordering it in for you.
Cotton cloths are an easy thing to work on in the evening with your feet up. Our Sudz are the perfect cotton that won't dry out your hands and are easy to work with. Lauren's written a bunch of different cloth patterns too that will be perfect of any colour of Sudz you choose. Have fun mixing and matching for different bathrooms and kitchens.
And if you want to add something to go with them, here are some great ideas to go along with all your fabulous cotton cloths:
- bath ideas - shower gels, bath puffs, candles, bath bombs, bath salts, lotions, soaps, travel size sets
- kitchen ideas - napkins, candles, tea towels, coasters, fancy salts or spices, homemade or unique jams, cookie cutters, flavoured vinegars and olive oils
- treats - your Christmas baking, desserts in a jar, wine, chocolate or holiday candies, hot chocolate in a jar
Coasters, aka mug rugs, are quick and fun to do. Play around with different stitch patterns and colours. Vintage or Ultra Wool would be good for these as they contain wool and are machine washable. Need a pattern? Ravelry has a ton!
And make sure to pick a fun mug (lots at the dollar stores) and something else to make it even better:
- hot chocolate
- dessert in a mug
- fancy coated stir sticks or spoon
Slippers, Mittens and Toques
Find your favourite patterns in all the sizes and craft in whatever colour moves you. Let friends and family choose from your basket of handmade treasures rather than wrapping them all individually.
Choose matching washable fibres for easy care:
- DK weight - Ultra Wool Dk, Vintage Dk, Cuddly
- Worsted - Ultra Wool, Vintage, Anthem
- Chunky - Ultra Wool Chunky, Vintage Chunky, Anthem Chunky